Home :: Employment Opportunities :: Homeless Shelter Relief Staff
Homeless Shelter Relief Staff
The Mental Health Association of San Mateo County (MHA), a nonprofit organization, enriches quality of life, restores dignity, and reduces homelessness, particularly for those affected by mental illness and HIV/AIDS. MHA strengthens hope by providing shelter, support and opportunities for socialization. Spring Street Shelter, an emergency shelter in Redwood City for homeless adults with mental illness, has been serving mentally ill adults since 1986.
Relief staff members assist residents by being compassionate listeners, preparing meals, teaching daily living skills, leading activities, overseeing housekeeping tasks, and more.
We are hiring for on-call swing shift (3:30 pm - midnight), graveyard (midnight - 8:30 am), and weekend day (8 am - 3:45 pm) relief staff positions at Spring Street Shelter. Pay starts at $12.50/hour.
- High school diploma.
- Prior experience working with people with psychiatric disabilities or working in residential programs.
- Candidates should be reliable, kind and compassionate, have good boundaries, and want to work side-by-side with our residents.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Willingness to submit to Live Scan and pass criminal background check.
- Bilingual, bicultural background a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "Shelter Relief Staff" in the subject line. Or fax cover letter and resume to (510) 879-0354.