Home :: Employment Opportunities :: Community Friends Wanted
The Community Friend program is a social-recreational program designed to assist individuals living in the community with mental illness to enhance their quality of life by becoming more active outside of their homes. The Community Friend and program participant attend outings in the community based on mutual interest.
Individuals who are applying to become a Community Friend must:
- Have a telephone.
- Be able to schedule and keep appointments.
- Be able to plan and carry out activities.
- Be able to budget, handle money, and keep accurate records (timesheets, receipts, replenishment of funds sheet).
- Be outgoing, responsible, patient, and comfortable meeting new people
- Have a neat appearance and good hygiene.
- Be able to work with little supervision.
Attend all Community Friends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled. Call supervisor to provide client updates if unable to attend the scheduled meetings.
Schedule meetings with clients by phone and make reminder calls as needed.
Submit legible timesheets and activity fund expense sheets.
Budget monthly activity funds and retain receipts for all expenses.
GENERAL AGENCY EXPECTATIONS
Treat all program participants with empathy, dignity and respect.
Comply with all program and agency policies & guidelines when serving clients.
Develop and maintain good working relationship with the CF coordinator.
Communicate schedule and necessary information in a timely manner.
Actively participate in all meetings, trainings, retreats, and other activities as requested.
Assume responsibility for other tasks as needed.
Pay rate: $9.00 per hour. To apply, submit resume to: Angela Bruno-Castro at AngBC@mhasmc.org or fax to (510) 879-0354.