Home :: Support Services :: Social Support Programs - CHRIS Program
The Community Housing Rehabilitation Independent Skills (CHRIS) Program serves to enhance and strengthen the living skills of persons with mental illness. Services are provided by licensed occupational therapists and occupational therapy interns. The program is designed to provide assessment, training, and the specific interventions, supports and physical adaptations required to allow adults with mental illness to participate in community activities at the highest level of independence possible. For more information, view the attached brochure.
Location: San Mateo County
- Independent living skills assessment.
- Assistance in developing and achieving vocational and educational goals.
- Support, education, and training in the development of skills for independent living.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a diagnosed mental illness.
- Be a resident of San Mateo County.
In order to apply, a referral form must be completed and submitted to the MHA. Referrals can be downloaded and submitted to the MHA by fax at (510) 879-0354 (Note: referrals are not accepted by email). Applicants will be contacted and interviews will be conducted prior to acceptance into the program.