Home :: Support Services :: Social Support Programs - Friendship Centers
The Friendship Center programs are community-based activities that provide recreation and socialization opportunities for adults with mental illness. The purpose of the program is to offer people the opportunity to participate in activities and events that give them a sense of belonging and, for many, an extended and caring family. The monthly Friendship Center calendar is available here.
Location: Centers are located throughout San Mateo County, see details on the calendar for times.
- Redwood City - South County Mental Health Center - 802 Brewster Avenue at Warren
- Redwood City - 104 Cedar Street, Redwood City, CA 98063, Saturdays only.
- Daly City - North County Mental Health - 375 89th St.
- San Mateo - St. Andrew's Lutheran Church - 15th & El Camino Real
- Belmont - Good Shepherd Episcopal Church - 5th & O'Neil Ave
- San Carlos - Community United Church of Christ - 1336 Arroyo Ave & Elm St.
- East Palo Alto - St. Francis of Assisi 1425 Bay Rd, EPA 94303
All activities and outings are subject to change without notice.
For information call (650) 257-8823
Various recreation and socialization activities including:
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Coffee and snacks or lunch.
- Outings to local areas of interest.
- Classes in budgeting, cooking, and other daily living skills.
- Art projects.
- Holiday celebrations.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Ability to benefit from the program.
- Be diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
For information and to receive a calendar of activities, contact Angela Bruno-Castro, Friendship Center Coordinator, by phone at (650) 257-8823, or by email at email@example.com.